Finally posted the Chemical Engineer Licensure Examination Results at the Philippine Exam Results blog.
Chemical Engineer Licensure Examination – April 2007 Results:
- Chemical Engineer – First Page – April 2007
- Chemical Engineer – Top Passers – April 2007
- Chemical Engineer – Passers – April 2007
I want to thank you all who emailed me and reminded me about this result.
Google has responded on the security problems experienced by Adword and Google Search Engine users:
Google is committed to ensuring the safety and security of our users and our advertisers. We actively work to detect and remove sites that serve malware in both our ad network and in our search results. We have manual and automated processes in place to detect and enforce these policies, and products such as Google Toolbar that actively seek out and alert users when they access malicious or suspicious sites. We feel a responsibility to protect the security and safety of our users and advertisers, and recognize that secure products are instrumental in maintaining your trust.
And advise us to update our anti-virus softwares:
We strongly encourage all of our users and advertisers to keep up-to-date antivirus protection on their computers and regularly run system scans. As a general rule of thumb, individuals should also take care to create complex passwords, change them frequently, and only use them on known or trusted (non-public) computers. Antivirus software (such as Norton Security Scan and Spyware Doctor) and instructions for use are available for free as part of Google Pack.
I thought Jason Calacanis hates SEO. But now, it seems that Jason Calacanis is now a SEO gaming the SEO through the Calacanis Link Bait program. Below is the requirements for the Calacanis Link Bait.
- Write a short Bio of him.
- My Comment: Jason Calacanis want to expand his popularity. His already popular but wanted to become more popular than he is now.
- Start the post by praising him.
- My Comment: So he don’t want to be called bull . So, if you want the link from Calacanis blog, praise him even if you hate him.
- Mention his old post and link to them.
- This time, Calacanis wanted to become John Chow, asking the participants to mention old posts and links to them. Calacanis is now really a SEO.
- Attack Jason’s enemies.
- Jason wants you to become the enemy of his enemies. So if you’re a SEO, attack the SEO because Calacanis attacked them. Since Calacanis is now SEO, attack him too .
- Quote what Calacanis said or what other blogs said about him.
- Calacanis wants you to collect cool testimonies from other people. He also wants you to tell people about him.
- Post a picture of the slimmer Calacanis.
- Calacanis wants to tell us what he looked like when he’s still a bluecollar-blogger, in contrast of what he looks now.
- Tell lie stories about you and Calacanis.
- Calacanis is not just teaching us how to write a post featuring him, but he’s also teaching us to lie. I remember that Christ said that the father of liar is Satan. Does it mean that Calacanis wanted to become the father of the liar?
- If you write a post telling us how you hate Calacanis, don’t forget to write public apology at the bottom of your post.
- Calacanis wants you to act like stupid. If you hate Calacanis, then write a hating post but then at the bottom, tell us that you’re just stupid hating Calacanis that way.
- Post links to other resources of Calacanis.
- Calacanis is not just playing SEO for his blog but for all the resources he got on the web.
Well, those who are dreaming of links from Calacanis’b blog can now take this opportunity. I was just wondering if Calacanis really give you links. Why not join them:
- Dave Winer
- Mathew Ingram
- Michael Gray
- J. Botter
- Nick O’Neill
- Christopher Finke
- James Governor
- technological winter
Sold at eBay, Delivered by Amazon…. Sounds interesting. Sometime, I couldn’t believe that the two competiting sites can actually work like that. But would it happen?
Well, that was because Amazon has offered a new services. It is very much helpful to those companies selling items but want to save money from expenses in storing the items and shipping them to the buyers.
As it was reported, the Amazon offers to the third party sellers the storage and shipping services.
Basically, the third party will ship their goods to Amazon, to be stored in Amazon’s warehouse. At that point, Amazon will take care of storage, packaging, managing deliveries and handling returns.
So, the third party can now focus his full attention in selling at their own website or even in Google Products or at Amazon’s competitor, eBay. If someone buy items, Amazon will be the one to deliver the items to the seller.
Also talked here, here, here, here
Loren Baker post about the “No Follow” attribute is very much interesting.
1. How does your search engine treat the No Follow attribute?
- Google : The Googlebot does not follow that link.
- Yahoo : If we find a link we make it available to our algorithms to find new content, whether it has a ‘no follow’ attribute or not. However, if the ‘no follow’ attribute is present, it means that no attribution is given to the target from the source of the link.
- Ask.com : We have never officially supported No Follow, so your questions don’t apply to our crawler/ranking.
2. If a site has no web citations and only has one link pointing to it, and that link is from a Wikipedia entry, would your search engine find that site and index it even though the link uses a No Follow attribute?
- Yahoo : Yes, the link is available to our crawlers for finding the target. Then the target will be crawled and indexed based on our algorithms.
- Google : Assuming that link is still no-followed per Wikipedia’s current practice, we will not find much less index that page (remember, this is page, not site related; if links to other pages on that site are not no-followed, we will see and potentially index those pages).On a related note, though, and echoing Matt’s earlier sentiments… we hope and expect that more and more sites — including Wikipedia — will adopt a less-absolute approach to no-follow… expiring no-follows, not applying no-follows to trusted contributors, and so on.
3. Is there any quality given to sites which attract No Follow links from authority sites, besides the lack of the passing of PageRank, Link Authority or “Search Juice”?
- Google : Since the Googlebot does not follow no-follow links, this isn’t really an issue.
- Yahoo : As promised in the semantics for the ‘no follow’ tag, the anchor text and attribution will not be carried over to the target of a ‘no follow’ link.
In other words, “no follow” attribute is not really that effective.
In conclusion, the commenter was correct about links to pages from Wikipedia some search engines, specifically Google, but Yahoo and Ask.com both not only follow No Follow, but also make those sites available to their algorithm. Therefore, even links with the No Follow attribute do have value; especially in the counting, but not always authoritative measurement, of backlinks.
This is the reason, I think, why spammers are still comment-spamming some exploitable and unprotected blogs.
My recent acquisition of the Honda XRM from my earning in blogging help me ease my travel to the places I want to go. Last Friday, April 28, 2007, I climbed the Mt. Tabjon in Hinunangan, Southern Leyte using the said motorcycle and stayed there for a day. There’s a lot of beautiful scenes and places that I wanted to shoot but just unlucky because my camera’s battery got drained, and I forgot to bring any reserved battery.
Got to learn lessons from that trip:
- Bring fully charged camera batteries.
- Bring Umbrella
- Bring extra money
- Bring tools and extra interior just in case the motorcycle tire got deflated.
Anyway, I recently added an online gallery site for the photos I took. Seven photos were added into it:
Visit my Online Photo Gallery here.
Can you really earn money from the ads of the AuctionPH as much as you earn Dollars from other affiliates?
Absolutely, Yes! There’s a big possibility that a Pinoy Blogger like you will earn money better than your earnings from other affiliates. I just don’t know when.
Remember that you will be paid if the buyers you referred through the ads published on your blogs buy items and the commission will be “per transaction”. In other words, if one of the referred buyers buy 10 items, then you’ll receive PhP60.00, which is equivalent to $1.2 at PhP50.00 per $1.
Well, $1.2 for 10 items is really small (too low) compared to how Amazon pay you. However, just like what I said before, it’s already a good way of expanding your online income. Consider this message from one of the AuctionPH team members:
Also, Ad Auction is still on its infancy stage. Very very young. That is why our commission scheme is not permanent. Depending on the receptiveness of bloggers, potential online buyers (through your blog), and success of the endeavor as a whole, this will change foreverybody’s benefit.
If you haven’t try it, visit now this page. Then share your experience with us.
I am glad that we finally have the 3rd batch for our Link Exchange Program. Our New participants are:
These links are also posted at our LINK page. For more details about our participants, visit our online Exchange Links – Spreadsheet.
On the other hand, I am sorry also to announce that I am withdrawing the link to the site “A website for Amateur and Professional Filipino Writers” because the site owner withdrawn the link from his site back to this blog. He’s just fooling me to publish a link by participating our Link Exchange program, and then after several weeks, he eventually withdraw the links from his site while looking for other webmaster and blogger to be fooled. So, my action is to use his suggested anchor texts to link back to one of my blogposts.
Join Our Exchange Link Program:
How to exchange link with this blog?
- Publish a link from your blog to this blog using any of the keywords such as “SELaplana“, “Southern Leyte Blogger” or “Leyteño Blogger” and the URL is “http://www.selaplana.com“.
- Email me at “selaplanadotcom [at] yahoo.com with the following info:
- Subject: Exchange Link Program at SELaplana
- Content: URL: [type here the URL of the page where the LINK to this blog has been posted], Keyword: [type here the keyword you want me to link to your blog], Blog: [type here the URL of your blog]
- Wait for my email confirming that your request has been received.
- Wait for my email telling you that the LINK has been posted already.
What are the benefits in participating the program:
- A link to the participating blog at the Announcement Post which will be posted every Monday.
- A link to the participating blog at this page.
- My daily visit to the participating blogs.
- Visits to the participating blogs by the visitors of this blog.
Phil Exam Results Home >> Chemical Engineer – April 2007 >>
The successful examinees who garnered the ten (10) highest ratings are the following
RANK NAME SCHOOL RATING (%)
1 LYLE MULI MELAD DE LA SALLE UNIVERSITY-MANILA 88.10
2 PATRICK IGNACIO ENRIQUEZ UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-LOS BAÑOS 86.80
3 ERWIN NOBLE FERNANDEZ UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINESDILIMAN 86.70
4 MARIA REINA CASTELLANO PACAÑA DE LA SALLE UNIVERSITY-MANILA 85.40
5 HERBERT KLAUS MARTIN CASTOR HALLIG DE LA SALLE UNIVERSITY-MANILA 84.80
6 JOHANN CHRISTIAN ESPIRITU JADUCANA MAPUA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY 84.70
7 MIRIAM ABIGAIL GALINADA CHANG MAPUA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY 84.10
8 JOANNA NICOLE TE GO DE LA SALLE UNIVERSITY-MANILA 83.90
9 MARCO LEOH VEGA GUETA UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-LOS BAÑOS 83.70
10 ROUENE OLZTYN MENDOZA GONZALES UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-LOS BAÑOS 83.40
Phil Exam Results Home >> Chemical Engineer – April 2007 >>
Award-winning directors Derek Yee (One Nite in Mongkok) and Peter Chan (Perhaps Love) collaborate in a film about the drug trade, as director and producer respectively. A high-quality work that stands out from the abundant crime flicks produced in Hong Kong recently, Protege features three of Hong Kong’s most popular actors – Andy Lau as a drug dealer, Louis Koo as a drug addict, and Daniel Wu as an undercover cop who becomes Andy Lau’s protege. Actress Zhang Jingchu from Seven Swords holds her own portraying a drug addict, bringing alive a complex character.
Delving into the mysterious drug world, Protege scrutinizes all facets of a huge drug empire, and at the same time engages viewers with its effective storytelling. Multiple perspectives and location shooting in Thailand help develop the dramatic story. While giving meticulous details about the heroin trade to bring out an anti-drug message, Derek Yee also does not lose sight on narrative and characterization, dealing with a serious topic in an interesting and compelling manner.
Andy Lau previously worked with Derek Yee in Full Throttle in 1995. Daniel Wu also received much applause for his role in Yee’s One Nite in Mongkok in 2004. Anita Yuen, who years ago earned a Best Actress statue through her performance in Yee’s C’est la Vie, Mon Cherie, agreed to guest star in the film even though she was pregnant at the time. They now re-unite with the acclaimed director to intrigue movie fans with a film that is as eye-opening as it is entertaining.
SELaplana >> Movie & TV Series >> P – Title >>