Though i just got my nth adsense denial from adsense for everything-eli, this good news keeps me motivated to apply again..
I also do have TLA, but not much there… any tips?
What is TLA or Text Link Ads?
For the sake of newbies in making money online, TLA or Text Link Ads is a third party ad service that let you sell text links from your blogs in a 50-50 income share. Some bloggers call the TLA as the ad broker.
The advertisers will find you through the TLA Market Place, where they browse and search for the TLA publishers’ blogs that they think are relevant for their ads. However, publishers can find advertisers too through their own effort, in which advertisers will then be redirected to the TLA website to order the links on your blog.
Actually, even if my overall income for this blog is quite good, I am still not contented with my income on this blog through the Text Link Ads program. However, I have here few ideas on how to increase your income from TLA.
- Blog category and description at the TLA Directory
- Text Link Ads placement on your blog
- Text Link Ads style
- Text Link Ads promotion
- Other Options
(1) Blog category and description at the TLA Directory.
Usually, TLA advertisers search blogs on the TLA Directory when looking for best blogs where their ads should be displayed. So, what you need to do is to edit your site’s listing by applying the following tips:
- Choose the right category for your blog.
- Write better discription about your blog. You can include awards, traffic, PR or anything that can be used to convince the advertisers to buy links from your blog.
- Choose the right keywords for your blog.
Remember that the better description your blog has, including traffic, PR or anything about your blog, the more advertisers you will have.
(2) Text Link Ads placement on your blog.
To let you know, currently the text links provided by TLA are not yet equipt with link-condom. When I say “Link-Condom”, I actually mean the “NO FOLLOW” tag on your links. Which also means that your links to your TLA advertisers will be followed by search engines spiders and are counted as legitimate link-back to the advertisers’ sites.
However, they’re not just interested with that. They are also looking for the traffic sent by the TL-ads on your blog to the advertised sites.
So, you need to place the TLA on the section of your blog where visitors can easily notice them. Most of the advertisers are interested on the blogs that are publishing the TLA at the above the fold area.
(3) Text Link Ads style
What I mean on this is, your TLA should be visible and can easily be noticed by your blog’s visitors. In other words, your TLA should stand out not as ads but as regular links of your blog. It’s actually part of the number 2 tip because the reason for making your TLA visible is to send few traffic to the advertised sites.
(4) Text Link Ads promotion
When you’re looking for visitors to your blog, you do market your blog to users through advertising and promotion. Am I right? That can also be done when you’re looking for TLA advertisers. You can do this in several ways:
- Create the right landing page, equipt with the right keywords and promote it via Google Adwords.
- You can mention about your TLA on the end part of your post. This is to inform your readers that you are selling text link ads on your blog.
(5) Other options
TLA publishers can choose some options in selling text links ads. You can set them all ON to maximize your TLA earning.
- Site Links – These links are displayed almost in all pages of your blog. However, some publisher choose to display TLA ads at the homepage alone of the blog.
- Post Links – These links are published at the end part of your article and are tagged as “Related Links”.
- Feed Links – These are the links that are published on your blog’s feed. Your target are your feed readers.
(1) Text Links Price
I know that you already know that the price of your text links are calculated by considering your Alexa ranking, Feed subscriber, Traffic and other useful data of your blog. In other words, if you want to earn much from your text links, then strive hard to increase your blog’s ranks and stats.
(2) Google hates Paid Links
Didn’t I tell you that Google hates TLA? Yes! Google hates TLA even if they said they don’t. And Goggle also hates publishers who are selling text links without the link-condom. What Google wants you to do is to apply link-condom to all paid links, or else your blog will be penalized on the Google SERP.
I hope these few tips can help you increase your TLA income. If you have something to add to the tips I gave, please drop your comments at our comment section.
If you also have questions that you want me to answer, you can contact me here or you can also drop your question at our comment section.
Thank you and Good luck.