Start a contest? I was thinking about it actually last June 2007, but I don’t have the courage to start new contests due to the failures I experienced in promoting my programs like:
But of course I know that those failures were just the result of my laziness in doing the needed job to let bloggers learn about it and give them the courage to participate the programs. Besides, I want to be honest with you… I don’t have enough knowledge on how to run a successful blog contest.
Yes, I should be honest to you because I have to. It can be interesting to blog as if you’re someone, just like what the Fake Steve Jobs did, but it’s hard to maintain a character that is not you. And portraying a different character in blogging is really hard to maintain especially if you did something that might ruin the true-you, just like what happened when I was still blogging as the Ka Webspy.
10 Tips in starting your own blog contest
GM Tristan emailed about his 10 tips in starting a blog contest and these tips are:
- Open a “for bloggers only” contest.
- Think of ways how to join the contest.
- Prizes should be valuable.
- Idiots should easily understand the mechanics.
- Inform the participants how to select winners.
- Give time to spread the words about the contest.
- Take photos of the prizes and post them online.
- Think of better ways for you to be informed about entries.
- Give love-links to participants.
- Give the prizes to winners and let all participants know about it.
Well, atleast we’ve learned something how to start a contest. If you have tips on how to run successful blog contest, please email me and let’s share it to others so that not only me will learn about it but also my readers.