What is Smart Bro?
Smart Bro is an internet product offered by the SMART Philippines. Smart Bro is a wireless internet connection which can be served through the Canopy Antenna, Postpaid USB and Prepaid USB modem.
Actually, the mentioned Canopy and the two types of USB modem are the types of SMART Bro products. In other words, if you want to subscribe with the Smart bro, you need to choose which of the three Smart Bro internet connection would you want to subscribe with.
Some subscribers found these products bad compared to other internet connection products offered by other companies at their areas.However I found it better compared to other internet connection offered by other companies here in Maasin City.
Basically, you couldn’t expect a high speed from this kind of internet connection. In the first place, it’s wireless. So there are many things that might slow down the actual speed of the Smart Bro. Secondly, the speed offered by the SmartBro is shared by all subscribers. This means that in areas where there are only few subscribers, the speed of the Smart Bro internet connection is better compared to the areas where there are large number of Smart Bro subscribers.
Canopy Smart Bro
The plan 999 of Smart Bro is actually an internet connection of Smart Bro which uses the Canopy antenna. The installation of it is fixed. The maximum speed of this kind of Smart Bro is only up to 384 kbps. But just like what I mentioned earlier, the 384 kbps speed is only the ideal speed and not the actual speed of your connection. The factors that affects your actual internet connection are:
- Your distance to the SMART Bro cellsite. The nearer you are from the Canopy (Smart Bro) antenna fixed at the cellsite of Smart, the greater frequency your Canopy antenna will receive from that of the Smart Bro tower or cellsite. And the greater frequency your Canopy will receive means the better internet connection.
- Your (Canopy) SMART Bro client antenna’s direction. Your Smart Bro Canopy antenna should be in straight line with the Canopy Antenna fixed at the cellsite. The two canopy antennas should be facing to each other.
- Your environment. Your Canopy antenna should be in eye-to-eye contact with the Canopy Antenna at the cellsite and there should be NO obstruction between them.
- The Weather. I am not really sure if the weather really affects the connectivity of your SMART Bro client and the SMART Bro cellsite antenna. But what I observed is that the connection during rainy days or cloudy weather is much slower than the connection during fair weather. And also the connection at day is a little bit slower than the connection at night.
PostPaid Smart Bro
The Postpaid Smart Bro internet connection is actually the Plan 799. What you need to have is a USB modem which you can get if for free once you’re application of subscription is approved.
The ideal speed of it is up to 2 MBPS. It’s faster compared to the Canopy Smart Bro. However, the speed of it varies in areas. You can enjoy the speed of up to 2MBPS only if you are in areas where 3G is available. But if you are in areas where there is no 3G then you’ll suffer the worst internet connection and you’ll be spending too much specially that the Smart Bro system will charge you PhP10 for a second to 30 minutes of straight internet use.
So, once you are connected already, then make sure that you’ll not be disconnected because once you disconnect, the timer will start again thus you’ll be charge a new PhP10.
Anyway, in your PhP799 monthly payment, it has already a 60 hours free. But you’ll be charged with PhP10 per 30 minutes in excess of the 60 hours internet use.
If you want to subscribe this product, you need to pay the initial payment of PhP1,598 and you’ll be locked with them for 2 years.
PrePaid Smart Bro
The Prepaid Smart Bro is actually similar to the Postpaid Smart Bro. You’ll be using the Smart Bro USB modem which you can buy it for only PhP2,500. The speed offered is up to 2MBPS and you’ll be charged for PhP10 per 30 minutes.
The only difference of the Prepaid Smart Bro to the Postpaid Smart Bro is that you need to buy first your Smart Bro credit before you can use it.
- smart bro
- smart bro wireless internet
- smart internet connection
- smart bro canopy
- Smart Bro Wi-Fi
- my bro smart
- what is my smart bro canopy address
- what is smartbro
- Smart Bro Internet
- smart bro internet connection
- SmartBro WirelessInternet-SELaplana
- smart my bro
- smart internet type of connection
- smart internet connection installation in the philippines