What is Blog Bank?
Blog Bank is a network of Filipino bloggers who make money through their blogs by contributing the number of impressions of certain ads.
The BlogBank is a cooperative effort to provide simple, cost–effective internet advertising through the most influential aspect of the web: the blogs! (source)
To understand how it works, please consider this:
For example an advertiser pays PhP40,000 for 1M impressions. And if the parting of the income will be 50/50 then the BlogBank company takes 50% of the money as their part and the other 50% or PhP20,000 will be for the bloggers.
Now, let’s say there are 10 blogs that would contribute impressions for that ad… with the following data:
- Blog 1 = 500,000 impressions
- Blog 2 = 30,000 impressions
- Blog 3 = 25,000 impressions
- and so on… to complete the 1M impressions.
To compute how much is the income of each blog, the formula is just simple which is: The PhP20,000/1M impressions simply means PhP0.02 per impressions. So based on their contributed impressions, their income would be:
- Blog 1 = 500,000 impressions (PhP 0.02 / impressions) and is equal to PhP10,000.00.
- Blog 2 = 30,000 impressions (PhP 0.02/impressions) and is equal to PhP600.00
- Blog 3 = 25,000 impresssions (PhP 0.02/impressions) and is equal to PhP500.00.
- And so on to completely distribute the PhP20,000.00.
The percentage and the price per 1M impressions illustrated above are not the actual number. The above is just an illustration for you to understand how the bloggers earn money from their blogs through blog bank.
Donate Blog to Blog Bank
I don’t really know if the registration of new donors is still open. But you can try registering here.
Does Blog Bank Really Works?
Yes! Blog Bank really works. I actually received two payments already. My income from Blog Bank is not really as big as my Adsense income but it’s a huge help.