Some of you might wonder why the design and wordings of our wedding invitation do not follow the wedding invitation etiquettes and proper wordings as what some experts in invitation-making are following. A visitor of our blog (Learn Lessons with SELaplana) reacted as she saw our wedding invitation and told me through her email that the said invitation is not a formal one and not proper for a wedding.
Well. Thank you so much for your concern.
We of course know the proper wordings for the (formal) wedding invitation. But we also believe that we can make our own rule in making and designing our own wedding invitation. The format or design, and the wordings on our wedding invitation might be considered as “not formal”, but we found it good than following the usual design and wordings.
Wedding Invitation Proper Wordings
I copied the sample wedding invitation wordings given by the Kasal.Com for the wedding that the groom and the bride are the hosts:
This day I will marry my friend,
The one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love
daughter of Atty. and Mrs. Eufemio Perez and
Mr. and Mrs. Agusto Guerrero
We hope that you will join
in this celebration of love
as we exchange our marriage vows
on Saturday, the twenty-fifth day of December the
year Two Thousand Four
at half past five o’clock in the afternoon
Sitio Victoria Garden
General Luna cor. Victoria Street
Reception follows at the same venue.
Here’s the things that should be considered in writing wedding invitations according to the experts in making and designing invitations:
- The names should be written in full including the middle name.
- Spell out all words when mentioning the time, the date and address.
- Use the spelling “honour” for the term “honor ” or “favour” for the term “favor” if ever you’ll use it in requesting their presence.
Our Own Wedding Invitation
To let you know, I was the one who designed our wedding invitation as shown below:
But this design is based on what we, my girlfriend and I, had planned. It’s like a post card, isn’t it? But it’s a kind of wedding invitation that people (who receive this) will try to keep along with their photos in their photo album. And another thing is, it’s a wedding invitation that promotes tourists spots (The St. Peter and St. Paul islands are seen in our background in that wedding invitation. These islands are few of the tourists destination in Hinunangan, Southern Leyte).
- wedding invitations philippines
- wedding invitation wordings philippines
- wedding invitation designs
- civil wedding invitation
- an accountants wedding invitation
- wedding invitation in the philippines
- wedding invitation layout design philippines
- wedding invitation wordings for iglesia ni cristo
- wedding invitation wordings iglesia ni cristo
- wedding invitations phili
- wedding invitation in Iglesia ni Cristo
- wedding invitation for iglesia ni cristo
- sample wordings for wedding invitations in the philippines
- sample of wedding bottle invitation in manila
- sample of iglesia ni cristo wedding invitation