The Need to Market Your Blog
When the new bloggers heard me saying during my lecture to them that they really need to learn how to market their blog, they immediately asked, “Is marketing part of blogging?” They thought that soon as their blog is already live, the only job they need to do is write articles and publish them into the blog and nothing else… and then they will just wait for the money to be sent to them by Google through the Google Adsense program.
Well, I couldn’t blame them for having that thought because there are other bloggers who said that blogging is the easiest way of making money online, without making it clear that only those bloggers who have blogs that are successfully marketed, are the ones who feel the ease in making money online by blogging.
If you just started blogging then you should strive hard first in optimizing your blogs, creating content, and then marketing them. Once you successfully done these things, then money will just flow in to your pocket.
In other words, your blogging job doesn’t end up in writing and publishing quality content into your blog. Remember what I already told you before, that a blog even if it contains the best articles in the internet if no one is reading your blog, it is considered dead. (You can read my old post, “5 reasons why traffic is money“)
Thus, you really need to market your blog to gain traffic for it.
Make Your Blog High Quality
Marketing can be defined as “the process of promoting, selling and distributing products. (source: princeton.edu)”
So, if we say “Marketing Your Blog“, it also means “promoting your blog and its content to the internet users.”
But your effort in promoting your blog will just be wasted if you failed to make those who are convinced to visit your blog to stay longer and make them revisit your blog again.
In other words, before you market your blog, you need to enhance your blog first and make it better. But how?
Write Quality Content.
Everything starts in good and with high quality content. If you failed to write quality content then don’t expect that your marketing effort will be successful.
This is just similar when marketing a cola drink with a bad taste. Let’s say your marketing is good and you successfully made your target customers to buy your bad cola drink. But after they tasted it, did they buy again?
Now, imagine if your blog contains useless content. You might be successful in getting traffic for your blog, but for sure, those visitors would not visit your blog again.
That’s why you need to publish high quality content.
Make Your Blog’s Design Conducive for Learning.
It’s like you’re in a classroom. If the classroom is arranged disorderly pupils would feel sleepy during classes instead of learning the things that the teachers had imparted.
The same it true to a blog with a clutter design. Visitors would feel disinterested and would just exit from your blog without checking your content.
Make your Blog a Search Engines Friendly.
It might be true that your target visitors are human. But it is also true that your visitors are not just human. Search Engine’s spiders visit your blog too.
So, while you’re making your blog attractive and useful to your human visitors, don’t forget to consider your bots visitors.
What I mean is, make your blog a search engine friendly so that search engine’s spiders will visit your blog often, stay longer and in return, search engines will rank your blog at the top position in the SERP.
And you already know what happens next if your blog’s articles are always in the top position of the SERP at any particular but targeted searches.
Ways of Marketing a Blog
I already talked about the ways on how to promote your blog on my previous (old) posts like:
- How to immediately get traffic for a fresh blog?
- How to increase visitors of your blog?
- How to decrease your blog’s bounce rate?
- Write great content and gain more visitors, earn more money?
- Drive Traffic to your Blog through Networking Websites?
And all the ways mentioned on those articles are the ones that I want to talk about here.
Now, just in case you feel lazy reading those old articles, here’s the means you need to try in marketing your blog.
- Adword and other PPC advertising. Advertise your blog through any PPC advertising. You can use the Google Adwords, Adbrite, Kontera, Infolinks, etc..
- Marketing at Social Networking websites. Make use of the social networking websites like Friendster, MySpace, and Facebook.
- Bookmark your blog at Bookmarking Websites. I listed many bookmarking websites at my article, “Make Google Visit your Blog Often.” Make use of them.
- Join and be Active on Forums. Share your knowledge by answering questions in forums or by joining the discussions in forums. With that, members of those forums will recognize you. And with the help of your “Profile” page and links in your signatures, other members of those forums can visit your blog.
- Search Engine Optimization or SEO. This is the only technique that can bring thousands daily traffic into your blog. Read my articles about it:
- Commenting to other Blogs. Post useful and relevant comment at other blogs. It is like telling the owner of the blog and its visitors that you are blogger and you have blogs too.
Once you learn how to market your blog that contains quality content, you’ll realize that “Marketing is the Queen” and “Content is the King“.
- Powered by Article Dashboard wake southern regional center