I am fond of reading Bible and engaging in informal debate and bible sharing.
Normally, the two persons in debate tried to show proofs or verses of the Bible in different versions just to back up their claims, arguments or beliefs. Then whenever one uses a questionable verse in proving something, the other one tries to show or prove that the verse he used is erroneously translated. I haven’t yet witness a debate that one of the debater tried to deceive the audience, his opponents or the moderator by changing a page of certain version of the Bible, not until I found this video:
The debate was held on August 5, 2006. The Iglesia ni Cristo was represented by Brother Ramil Parba while the Roman Catholic Church was represented by Mr. Talibong. Usually, in formal debates the Roman Catholic Church in the Philippines is represented by one of the members of the Catholic Defender.
What happened is that during the show down, Mr. Talibong argued that he can read a verse that clearly said that Christ build the Holy Apostolic Roman Catholic Church. The verse is Matthew 16:18 in the Confraternity Bible. The only problem is that the Catholic Defenders changed the page where the Matt. 16:18 was printed with the page they wrote by themselves.
The original text of the Matt 16:18 of the Confraternity Version goes: “…. I will build my church…” What the Catholic Defenders did was changed that part to: “… I will build my Holy Apostolic Catholic Roman Church…”
And just like what Brother Parba cried, it’s really a deception!
- iglesia ni cristo debates
- Debate ng inc at katoliko sa wikang tagalog
- iglesia ni cristo vs catholic
- inc vs catholic news
- mga debate ng iglesia ni cristo
- iglesia ni kristo catholic defenders debate
- philippines catholic vs iglesia ni cristo debate
- iglesia ni cristo debates catholic
- iglesia ni kristo vs catholic defender
- iglesia ni cristo debate sa catholico
- Iglesia ni cristo debate dumaguete
- iglesia ni cristo debate at dumaguete
- iglesia ni cristo church debates
- ibig sabihin ng alamin ninyo ang katotohanan at ang katotohanan ay siyang magpapalaya sa inyo