Question: Can I a Wife of an SSS Member Avail the Maternity Benefits?
I reviewed the SSS policies on Maternity benefits but I found nothing about the wife of an SSS member.
However, we can read this from the said policies:
What are the qualifications for entitlement to the maternity benefit?
1. She has paid at least three monthly contributions within the 12-month period immediately preceding the semester of her childbirth or miscarriage.
2. She has given the required notification of her pregnancy through her employer if employed, or to the SSS if separated, voluntary or self-employed member.
Is the voluntary or self-employed member also entitled to the maternity benefit?
Yes, A voluntary or a self-employed member is entitled to the maternity benefit provided that she meets the qualifying conditions.
From these, I just can say that only female members are entitled to avail the maternity benefits if they would file it in the right time.
For an official answer to this question, you better visit the nearest SSS office.
- sss member wifes maternity
- benefits of sss members wife
- can a voluntary member of sss can get a maternity benefits