Manuel “Matty” Moroun, Owner of Ambassador Bridge, Jailed?
Actually, Manuel Moroun (84) along with an executive of the Detroit International Bridge Co, Dan Stamper (actually the President of the company), have been jailed through the order of the Wayne County Circuit Court Judge Prentis Edwards on Thursday, January 12, 2012 for failing to comply a court’s order issued on February 2010.
The Michigan Court of Appeal, however, ordered that the two men be freed on the next day, Friday, while they were still appealing the ruling of the Wayne County Judge Prentis Edwards.
The problem of these two men, Moroun and Stamper, started when they (in behalf of the Detroit International Bridge Co) signed a $230 million contract in 2004 with the Michigan Department of Transportation to connect two highways to the bridge that will allow truckers and motorists to avoid the local surface streets. The plan is to direct truckers and other traffic to the bridge without passing the neighbourhood, thus minimizing the traffic at the local streets.
In 2009, the state’s Department of Transportation filed a lawsuit against the company of Moruon for its failure to build the project based on the agreed design.
In February 2010, ordered the company to rebuild the portion that has been protested by the state’s agency.
However, the court realized that its order was ignored by the company. So, the two big men of the company were charged of contemp.
What actually makes it controversial is that it’s an unusual even that a multi-billionaire man like Manuel “Matty” Moroun has been brought to jail for contemp.
About the Ambassador Bridge
The Ambassador Bridge is privately owned and controlled bridge by the Detroit International Bridge Co. of Manuel Moroun which connects the city of Detroit in Michigan and the city of Windsor in Ontario, Canada, spanning the Detroit River. The bridge was complete in 1929.
- Powered by Article Dashboard online movies and tv
- Powered by Article Dashboard car accident pictures
- ambassador bridge
- Powered by Article Dashboard who sings the unit theme song
- Powered by Article Dashboard department stores
- Powered by Article Dashboard california department of
- Powered by Article Dashboard internet archives
- Powered by Article Dashboard u s military aviation directory
- Powered by Article Dashboard information about the company
- Powered by Article Dashboard canadian government
- Powered by Article Dashboard the unit 2009
- Powered by Article Dashboard government contracts
- Powered by Article Dashboard county government
- Powered by Article Dashboard portion
- Powered by Article Dashboard log home building plans