I learned from our class that Emilio Aguinaldo is the youngest president of the Philippines who became president at the age of 29.
As the first president of the Philippines, our teacher gives us assignment enumerating the accomplishments (mga nagawa) of General Emilio Aguinaldo as president.
Please help me.
To answer your request, here’s what Aquinaldo did when he was still the president of the Philippines.
- He ordered the execution of Andress Bonifacio, the founder and leader of the Katipunan, and his brother Procopio. They were executed by a firing squad on May 10, 1897 at Mount Hulog.
- On December 1897, he signed the Pact of Biak na Bato agreeing to the Spanish government that he would end the hostilities and end his government in exchange of the amnesty and the money. But while in exile in Hongkong along with other Katipunan officials, he used this money in buying more guns for his fighters and then organized another government for the Philippines. And with the help of American general, Dewey, Aguinaldo and companions returned to Manila on May 1898. He led his government’s army in assisting the Americans in defeating the Spaniards.
- On June 1898, he declared the Philippine Independence. But his declaration was not recognized by the American and Spanish government.
- He is the first to order the opening of schools for Filipinos making Elementary school free and compulsory.
- He ordered the reorganizing of the municipal and provincial governments.
- He led the Filipinos in fighting against Americans during the Filipino-American war.
- He was believed the mastermind behind the killing of General Antonio Luna in 1899 because the assailants were his men, and they were not investigated and not punished.
- He escaped while 60 Filipino soldier led by General Gregorio del Pilar fought and died during the battle at Tirad Pass in November 1899 against the American soldiers.
- In 1901, he took aught of allegiance to the United States.
- He organized the Association of Veterans of the Revolution which helped its members in securing pension.
- During the Japanese Occupation, he made appeals to General Douglas McArthur to surrender to the Japanese government to spare the lives of the Filipinos.
And there are many more. Just do a little research and you’ll learn a lot about him.
- Powered by Article Dashboard state government
- Powered by Article Dashboard free internet games
- Powered by Article Dashboard mail sign
- mga nagawa ni emilio aguinaldo
- Powered by Article Dashboard government
- Powered by Article Dashboard video games blog
- Powered by Article Dashboard free government
- Powered by Article Dashboard video games images
- Powered by Article Dashboard information system
- Powered by Article Dashboard war board game
- Powered by Article Dashboard watch online movies for free
- Powered by Article Dashboard free product
- Powered by Article Dashboard store hours
- Powered by Article Dashboard help me
- Powered by Article Dashboard making video games