Team Jesse Robredo released an infographic of his biography (Jesse Robredo’s life and achievements: an infographic) which is originally posted here. You can also visit the profile of Jesse Robredo at the DILG website.
Jesse Robredo’s Life
Born on May 27, 1958 in Naga City, Jesse Manalastas Robredo was a second-generation Chinese Filipino and was the third of five children of Jse Chan Robredo, Sr. and Marcelina Manalastas.
He studied high school at Ateneo de Naga then obtained undergraduate degrees in Industrial Management Engineering and Mechanical Engineering at the De La Salle University.
In 1980, he started working in the Physical Distribution Technical Services of San Miguel Corporation. He was later on assigned to logistics planning and concurrently functioned as staff assistant to the physical distribution director of Magnolia Ice Cream.
In 1985, he finished his Master in Business Administration as a scholar at the University of the Philippines in Diliman and was named the Graduate School and Faculty Organization awardee for scholarly excellence.
In 1985, Jesse Robredo returned to Naga City where he became Program Director of the Bicol River Basin Development Program, and agency tasked to undertake integrated area development planning in the three provinces of the Bicol region.
Jesse Robredo in Politics
In 1988, he was elected mayor of Naga City at the age of 29. He was the youngest mayor in the country. During his term, Naga was transformed into a model for stakeholder partnership and people participation in governance.
In 1995, Jesse Robredo earned his Masteral degree in Public Administration at John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. He’s still serving as Mayor of Naga City at that time. It was also at this time that Naga City was named one of the “Most Improved Cities in Asia” by Asiaweek Magazine.
In 2000, He won the 2000 Ramon Magsaysay Award for Government Service (Asia’s version of the Nobel Prize) for his good governance programs. He has alo received 13 other major awards, including the 1998 Konrad Adenauer Medal of Excellence as Most Outstanding City Mayor of the Philippines, Junior Chamber Inernational (JCI) 1994 Ten Outstanding Young Persons of the World (TOYP) Honoree, Junior Chamber of the Philippines (JCI-Philippines) 1990 the Outstanding Young Men of the Philippines (TOYM), and the first ever “Dangal ng Bayan” Award of the Civil Service Commission.
Jesse Robredo’s Government Service
In 2010, President Benigno S. Aquino III named him the Secretary of the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG). However, until his untimely death on August 18, 2012, Jesse has not been confirmed by the Commission on Appointments.
Jesse Robredo’s Achievements
Jesse Robredo had done lots of achievements while in the government service. And proof to these are the awards and recognition he and his office received like:
- Most Cost-Effective City in Asia by the United Kingdom’s Foreign Direct Investment Magazine (2005)
- Public Service Awardee for Local e-Governance from the United Nations Department of Public Administration and Finance (2004)
- Women-Friendly City Award from the UN-Habitat and the UN Development Fund for Women (2004)
- Model City for Government Procurement from the World Bank and Procurement Watch (2003)
- CyberCity Awardee for its i-Governance initiatives from the United Nations Development Program (2002)
- Dubai International Awardee for Improving the Living Environment from UN Habitat (1998)
- Ten Outstanding Young Persons of the World (1996)
- Ten Outstanding Young Men of the Philippines.
- Most Outstanding City Mayor of the Philippines - Konrad Adenauer Medal of Excellence (1998)
- “Dangal ng Bayan” Award of the Civil Service Commission.
- Ramon Magsaysay Awardee for Government Service (2000).
- Philippine Legion of Honor, with the rank of Chief Commander from the Philippine President Benigno S. Aquino III (August 2012)
- Powered by Article Dashboard local government
- biography of jesse robredo
- Powered by Article Dashboard government loans
- Powered by Article Dashboard watch movies online sites
- Powered by Article Dashboard public art projects
- autobiography of jesse robredo
- Powered by Article Dashboard the federal government
- Powered by Article Dashboard after school program
- Powered by Article Dashboard internet banking services
- Powered by Article Dashboard home video post
- Powered by Article Dashboard federal government
- Powered by Article Dashboard peace officer
- Powered by Article Dashboard medical information site
- Powered by Article Dashboard dental assistant
- Powered by Article Dashboard nurses in politics