First three US-based bloggers, Peter C. Engelman, Janice Formichella and Sarah Couture Pope, revealed that they intent to file complaints before a Senate Committee on Ethics and Privileges over the alleged plagiarism committed by the Senator during his speeches in the Senate of their works published on their own blogs.
Then, the daughter of the late Robert F. Kennedy, Kerry Kennedy wrote her letter revealing that she was offended when she learned that a Philippine Senator lifted a passage of his Father’s famous speech without proper citation and that she will be filing complaint before the same Senate Committee.
Now, it was reported that the academics will file their complaint on the same Senate Committee against the Senator on the same plagiarism issues. These people are:
- Dr. Sylvia Estrada Claudio – Director, UP Center for Women’s Studies
- Dr. Antonio P. Contreras – former Dean of College of Liberal Arts, De La Salle University
- Dr. Lisandro Claudio – Department of Political Science, Ateneo De Manila University
If the Senator and his staffs who prepared his speeches were very careful, this actually won’t happen. But the problem is that Senator Sotto disregarded the writings of the bloggers just because they are bloggers not print media journalists.
- Three US bloggers set to file plagiarism complaint vs Sen. Sotto, GMANetwork News
- Academics to join bloggers in Sotto plagiarism complaint in Senate, GMANetwork News
- Robert Kennedy’s daughter offended by Sotto’s theft of her dad’s speech; wants an apology, Raissa Robles