Before the Friday press made by the Apple CEO, Steve Jobs, there were reports published online that Apple knew that the latest iPhone was defective, however, in some other reports said that Steve Jobs denied that he knew the problem of the iPhone.
During the press, Steve Jobs started by saying, “We’re not Perfect“. After that, he showed videos of other smartphones having the same problems as that of the iPhone 4. He explained that antenna problem is actually not just unique in iPhone 4 but also with the other smartphones from RIM, Nokia, HTC, and others. And his conclusion was: Apple was just singled out because of its success.
It’s like Apple is saying, “Hey! The media simply didn’t notice the same problems of the competitor’s smartphone. They only noticed our smartphone, because we’re successful!”
Response to Steve Jobs
Soon as the other smartphone makers learned what Steve Jobs told the media during the Friday press, they responded by saying:
- Motorola authority said, “…Droid X performs much better than iPhone 4 when held by consumers.”
- “Samsung mobile phones employ an internal antenna design technology that optimizes reception quality for any type of hand-grip use,” according to Samsung authority.
- HTC said, “…At HTC, we carefully engineer our phones to ensure that this effect is minimized in real-world use.”
- RIM said, “RIM has avoided designs like the one Apple used in the iPhone 4 and instead has used innovative designs which reduce the risk for dropped calls, especially in areas of lower coverage. One thing is for certain, RIM’s customers don’t need to use a case for their BlackBerry smartphone to maintain proper connectivity….”
- Nokia said, “As you would expect from a company focused on connecting people, we prioritize antenna performance over physical design if they are ever in conflict.